Tuesday, September 1, 2009

day 12

August 31, 2009- Monday- day 12

It was hot again today but cooled off nicely this evening! I played with the kids and just chilled for quite awhile. I am trying to find out more about the pasts of different people and it is interesting. The government came today and gave some school supplies to the kids. I thought that was pretty cool. After awhile I helped Israel and his wife get some things organized then Israel asked if I would go with him somewhere. He showed me the site where we will be building a new house tomorrow. The family seemed nice but the foundation was pretty bad. The view where they live is amazing… you can see a great deal of Tijuana. J

I love talking with Israel cause he is always so real with me. He tells me about his bad times and what he thinks about things. He told me today that I will make a great mom one day… he can see it by the way I treat the kids and love with all my heart. He also told me he loved my singing and he was glad I was here. It was his birthday and he promised one of the boys who is 15 that they would go out for dinner. They invited me it was a great buffet. Before we went back to get the orphanage Israel showed me his house that he is fixing up and we also gave strangers rides. It was pretty interesting that he will just pick up people but he says I just trust God and it is a good way to witness. I said in America it is not a good thing and he said in Tijuana not good either but some people just need help.

I got back from supper and hung out with a couple of the older boys and some adults. We watched pro wrestling and I was laughing so much. That stuff is ridiculous but they love it here. I am really excited for tomorrow and I can’t wait to meet the group!

No comments:

Post a Comment