Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Another hot but great day!

September 1, 2009- Tuesday- Day 13

It is day 13 for me in Mexico and I have loved it a lot. I woke up early because a group from America was suppose to be here to build a house BUT we got the days mixed and they come tonight and we work tomorrow. Israel and I visited with the family again and made sure the supplies were going to be at the site then we headed over to Sergio’s. I met his wife who has been sick and just visited for a while.

We left there to go get some breakfast and it was great! I had a Spanish omelet and this water with melon in it. I very much enjoyed the whole thing. We made it back to the orphanage and Sergio came by to get some stuff ready because we are building on at the orphanage. I left with him for a while to get supplies for that then took a nap.

I just relaxed tonight and the younger kids had bible study so it was not very busy. The two littlest ones got into the powdered concrete and covered themselves in it so that was fun. I guess a hurricane is coming my way and we could get some of it. Israel and I are looking at it everyday but he said he thinks that we will get some wind and rain. I’m not to worried about it… God knows what’s going on.

I noticed recently that when I hug these kids its like I get a glimpse of what Heaven will be like… with there smiles, laughter, and everything I feel like this is how Jesus wants me to see Him. I see Him in the suffering of everything to but when I do get to hold these kids’ hands or hug them and kiss their cheeks I realize this is exactly why I am here. No matter how hot it is or when my stomach hurts or that I have no privacy really… its all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment