Tuesday, September 22, 2009

sorry... been sick BUT here are some days! saw a miracle!

September 12, 2009- Saturday- Day 24

I woke up early this morning to go to work with a group from California. It was awkward for a little bit when I walked up to the area where they were staying but I got used to them after a little bit. I introduced them to some of the kids and then Sergio came to show us the way to the building site. I love when Sergio comes, he is such a great spirit and always excited to see people. We always greet each other with a hand shake and a kiss on the cheek. I was able to ride with him to the site and we had some great talks. We talked a lot about what God is doing in our lives right now and how he is changing us. I can’t believe that he is 70 years old… he is like a rock! As we were driving we turned to head up to the hospital and he said “hey see that pile of glass in the street?” I said yes… he said “that is where the car was stolen.. so whenever you see that.. that is what it is… they broke out the window and stole the car.”

Interesting to think about… how different places are. We got to the hospital and started our work. I helped tape off rooms for painting and I mudded over nails in other rooms. After awhile one of the girls named Jordan and I went to take a break. We were talking about the first impression she had seeing Mexico for the first time… I noticed the trash everywhere and the dogs running in the streets. As we were talking these three guys walk through the site to the other side of the plot. I looked at them and one of them looked like my friend Jesus. But I thought that cant be Jesus he is sick...

--Jesus is 22 years and we met two years ago when I first came to Mexico. We became good friends and would talk every once in awhile through email and stuff. The second year I came back I found out that he was dying from kidney failure. He was really bad and they didn’t know if he was going to make it. Later I found out that things had gotten worse. It hit me really hard. –

Thinking through it I thought I was crazy. There is no way that is Jesus… I haven’t seen him in over a year and Sergio had said he was still struggling but doing better. It bothered me so bad so I decided that when I saw one of the guys again that I would ask him who that guy was. Well just a couple minutes later one of the guys walks over and I asked him who that guy was and he said Chewy ( a nickname for Jesus) and I said what!?! The Chewy that has kidney failure and he said yes that is him. He took me over to where he was and called him over. I was in shock! He looked so good! I said “hey Jesus! Do you remember me?” he said “of course I do!” we hugged and talked for awhile. It was so sweet! I said “you are walking around!!” He said “yah and I can run and I play guitar at church and everything… I am feeling better and I hope to get a transplant in 3-4 months.” I was so excited. I couldn’t believe it! We hugged again and said goodbye so we could get back to work.

I started crying as I walked back to the site… Jesus is a miracle! I couldn’t believe that I had seen a miracle of God right in front of me! I was crying and praising God for awhile. The group kind of looked at me and trying to figure out what is wrong with me. I told them its joy not sadness. I explained the whole thing to them and they were amazed too! God is SOOOOOOO good!

Later Sergio took me to see Jesus’ new house that they had built for him, his sisters, and mom. It was cool meeting his family and just talking with him again. He is so sweet and he has such a great spirit about him. We left there and then finished up at the new hospital. We got back to the orphanage and the group made dinner for the kids. They also brought them presents like bubbles! Which the kids freak out over. What a wonderfully amazing day! God is so awesome.

September 13, 2009- Sunday- Day 25

I was able to go to the big church with thousands of people in the congregation today! I really love the music. It is always so amazing and gives me chills. The worship leaders are great and the band is very professnial. We sang Here I am to Worship in Spanish… it made me smile.

Today wasn’t really a busy day at all… I just played with the kids and hung out around the orphanage. I have to say that I think I will miss these days the most… where I can just watch the kids do crazy things… or watch cartoons with them… or get tons of hugs and kisses. They feel like family and I can’t imagine my life without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment