Wednesday, September 9, 2009

6 days of blogs!

September 3, 2009-Thursday- Day 15

Today I woke up around 8 and hung out with the kids all morning. Later I was able to go with Israel’s wife and a friend shopping. It was good just spending time with them and everything. We got some different things and then I was back at the orphanage. Sergio talked to me about different things that he wants me to help out with. He said I would love for you to be a speaker for Baja Visions.

I was telling him that it would be great for there ministries to have supporters that will be praying for them and be faithful in helping them with funs. I said that you have so many people that have come down and lots of churches that have seen what it is going on that I can’t believe that they are not having these ministries as something they support monthly. That is when I realized why I believe one reason God brought me to Tijuana. I think that I am suppose to help them set up different support areas and get the word out there that they are in need, to just be a voice for Jesus for these wonderful people. There are a lot of needs but I know that God will fulfill them in His timing.

September 4, 2009- Friday- Day 16

I was not feeling all that well today and it was super tough for me to get out of bed. I don’t know what it was but I was constantly tired. Sergio had me go with him to drop one of the workers off at home. He told me on the way back that his wife is really not doing vey good. She is very sick and has a brain tumor. They don’t have the money for treatment stuff so they are hoping that they can figure this all out.

I took a long nap and felt somewhat better when I woke up. Later I was invited to get tacos with little Israel and Evelyn (a lady who is helping at the orphanage). They were great and I love the way that little 3-year-old Israel talks. He is a very crazy child who is trying to cause trouble and make people laugh. He is honestly one of the cutest kids I have ever seen. He kept yelling at me what is your name in Spanish. I would tell him and then he would repeat it and forget it and we would do it all over again. Later we went to take his parents some tacos and we stopped to buy some pop for them. Evelyn went in to buy the pop and we waited in the car. He kept on trying to honk the horn and I wouldn’t let him. He got mad and when Evelyn got back she handed me the pop then he told her that I drank all of it. He is so ridiculous but I do love his spirit.

We drove to Israel’s house that he is fixing up. Him and his family will go there for a day off or just get away for a little bit. A friend is living there right now. It is looking great. It is a trailer and they are fixing it up with new tile and different stuff. We left there dropping little Israel off and then I was able to dance with the girls at the orphanage. They make up moves to different songs and I was following along. They are super cute and were excited that I was joining them.

I was feeling kind of different today and somewhat homesick… I keep thinking that I am not doing enough for these people. So I got out my devotional and read what it was about. It was exactly what I needed. It talked about that if I want to be a missionary or just servant for Christ I need to be completely His. I have been reading through God’s smuggler and it has helped me tremendously. God really put that book in my life at this time for a reason.

September 5, 2009- Saturday- day 17

I played volleyball with a couple of the kids today and hung out around the orphanage. There is this family of 5 boys that live here and it is the youngest birthday in a couple of days so their mom came to visit them and throw him a party. It is interesting to me that she will buy him a cake, a couple gifts, and some piñatas but isn’t there really for their lives. She was bad into drugs and different things… I’m not sure the whole story but the boys were excited to see their mom.

Her bringing piñatas was the highlight of the day for most of the kids. It was a good time I believe for them and they shared the cake with everyone. Israel told me that those 5 boys would always live here until they are old enough to move out. Their mom will never be able to have them back. She is just not stable enough.

September 6, 2009- Sunday- Day 18

I went to a small baptized church this morning with the kids. And when I say small I mean like there was probably 15 other people in the congregation besides the group I was with. I didn’t understand hardly any of the messages but a couple of words here and there. Since the church was so small it was more like a small group setting and the Pastor called out on people for answers or reading scripture. He called out on me and I was like I don’t understand what you are even saying. He laughed and asked me my name. He couldn’t say it but he did try. They sang hymns with no instruments because I think no one there new how to play the worn out piano in the corner. The one thing that I noticed is that there were ants all over the tile floor. Tons, I don’t think that I have ever seen that many ants inside a building before but hey it’s Mexico. When the two-hour service was over everyone came up and shook my hand. It was an interesting time… I think I am going to go to the other church though next Sunday.

Tonight I was able to go to a Christian concert with a couple of the older girls and Israel’s wife. The main guy had a very wonderful voice but again basically the whole time I didn’t understand what was going on. I didn’t know any of the songs or when he would talk I understood like maybe 5 to 10 words after awhile. I just tried to take it all in and realize that I was able to experience something that they loved. Man I would really love to know Spanish better but to understand what was all going on there I would have to live here for years!

September 7, 2009- Monday- Day 19

This morning the kids woke me up at 6:30… I wasn’t very happy because I really wanted to sleep. But its ok it happens. I had an amazing God time and I feel like Christ is pushing me a lot!

There is a couple that lives at the orphanage name Roberto and Edith. They are pretty amazing people and I have loved getting to know them throughout my time here. Today their son, Alan, came and so I was able to talk with him. He is 22 and isn’t saved which is really tough on his parents. I talked with him a lot cause he knew English really well. Him and I talked about Jesus and what he struggles with. It was good and I hope someday he will believe. He said that he doesn’t understand that if there is a God why there is so much suffering and he also said that he had been hurt a lot so he never wants to love again. It was an interesting time of explaining why I believe what I believe and just hearing his story.

Later I was able to go around with Israel in the new van that someone had given to them. Well it’s not new but it’s new to us! We drove to look at different programs for his computer and just get some other things. I love talking with him because you can clearly see Jesus in him whenever you are in his presence. I was sharing with him some songs that had blessed me the night before as I was listening to my iPod. I was listening to the song Filled with Your Glory and I was so blessed that I turned on my light and danced around my room in worship. Haha sounds stupid to the world and I probably looked crazy but I felt so free!

We got back to the orphanage and I talked to my friend David who is 16 years old. He loves Christian music and so I was sharing with him some of my collection. I love his smile and his spirit… he is super crazy but caring underneath it all. I told him that if he gets me some blank CDs that I would give him some of my music. He was super pumped and we sat together for a long time going through everything I had.

Later Alan wanted to talk to me again and his friend was with him. They wanted to practice there English so that they could talk to people from America when they came to there work. Also they helped me a little with Spanish. Today was a good day and I feel like i'm learning a lot.

September 8, 2009- Tuesday- Day 20

I can’t believe it has been 20 days that I have been here. As I was driving with Israel he asked me how it has been for me. I told him that God has truly been working on my heart and trying to make me completely His. Also that I see Jesus in all the faces of the people and kids I work with.

Today I took a long nap and tried to not think about my stomach pain. For some reason I have been really sick with it and it is hurting me a lot. I have been praying that God would heal me so I don’t have to worry about it. I didn’t do all that much today besides some laundry and playing with the kids. I am trying to get pictures and things stet up for the City of Angels website. They need new pictures and want my help. I also have been just talking to different people that work here and I love them so much. I really like getting to know their stories and everything.

Israel is afraid that I am getting bored so he said he would take me to the Hospice Center tomorrow! Which I am really excited about! I haven’t been bored or anything… in my time alone I have been thinking and reading a lot. It has been good for me. I hope that tomorrow will be a great day filled with the glory of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment