Friday, September 11, 2009

another great day.

September 9, 2009-Wednesday- Day 21

I woke up today believing that I was going to be able to sing to the people at the Hospice Center but it didn’t happen. I took pictures of the kids for the website and I had some very good God time. I was praying about lots of things and God showed me scripture that eased what I was struggling through in my heart. God is so good and all the time.

I was laying in my bed reading a book when I decided to listen to my iPod and just rest. As I picked up my iPod I noticed that it had a layer of dirt on it. I had used it just the night before… and looking around everything in my room was covered in dirt. My guitar case majorly was, my clothes, blankets, pillows, clock, bags, shoes, and everything! It was crazy… I thought man I will really be taking Mexico home with me… this stuff will take awhile to get clean. Then I thought wow this covering of dirt is like what God’s love is for me. It covers me from head to toe… every inch. So every time I look around and see that layer of dirt I think of how much God loves me.

Later I was able to go with Roberto and pick the kids up from school… some of them had to come back right away because there was no classes. That happens ALL the time. The teacher just doesn’t come… maybe sick or something else comes up so they don’t get their education at all. But the staff said hey its Mexico things are different. Tonight I spent a lot of time with Israel, his wife, and Evelyn. It was good hearing the side of the adults at the orphanage and their struggles. They are a lot of fun.

I walked in to their home after playing with the kids and saw little Israel drawing some stuff. I told him that it looked really good and he smiled. I asked him for a hug and he said that he was to sick and didn’t want me to get sick. Then he fake coughed. Haha he is such an interesting character. Later he did give me a hug and talked to me about airplanes. I love the way he talks… so serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment