Wednesday, September 30, 2009

3 of my days... i will write about the days before soon.. sorry im behind!

September 27, 2009- Saturday- Day 39

I woke up good time and got ready for church. The night before I had a horrible bloody nose that lasted for like 30 minutes. I hadn’t had one in years… it was gross but I prayed that God would heal me and I did good today.

It seemed that no one was ready on time and completely running late for everything. I waited and talked some of the older boys about the bike ride they did yesterday. Finally we headed to church and were like 20 minutes late… we got there for there last song in worship. But I knew the song! I was so excited… it was worthy is the Lamb. I sang with all of my heart and the teen girls looked at me but I didn’t care. Church was good… I only understand bits and pieces so I struggle through it. I notice that I get distracted cause I cant understand then I look over and some of the people i'm with are laughing at me struggling to understand. At the end we sang mighty to save and then headed to the van.

I was so tired when we got back I started to fall asleep on the bench outside so I told Emily that I would take a nap and she could wake me up when lunch was ready. She came but I slept through lunch then she came again to ask if I wanted to go to the Hospice. Then I finally got up… I don’t know why but I was so tired.

The older kids wanted to go with us to the Hospice… some had been they’re before but they wanted to see what we were going to everyday. We brought 4 girls and Bulmaro… I could tell by some of their faces that this was definitely tough for them to see. I noticed that I was super happy to be there! These people are not patients to me but they are my friends. They call me Tonya cause Tenielle is to tough for them… and they always talk about me playing guitar and singing. If I don’t have my guitar that is all they will talk about. I promised them that when I come back this week that I will bring it. Bulmaro seemed to take it kind of hard… it was to tough for him to see all of it. Personally most of the people where doing great today and seemed really smiling. One guy was outside that hadn’t been in along time and one guy was walking better. I was super happy and smiling today… I just felt so filled being there.

There is this older guy who is super sweet and he was sleeping in one of the rooms. I peeked my head in and he opened his eyes… he was so excited to see me. He kept going on and on… he had me come over and hug him. He loves when you just sit by him and let him put his arm around you. His is like a great grandpa! When I left he gave me the biggest hug and kissed my neck. He blessed me a lot. Oh how I love it there and long to go everyday! I’m so glad that God put them in my life.

September 28, 2009- Monday- Day 40

Today was a good day and kind of relaxing. This was the first day in awhile that I had time to myself to take a nap, read, think and catch up on some things. It was nice. Emily left today which I am going to miss her. She is such a sweetie and I’m so glad that we have become friends.

I played with the kids a lot today and talked to different people. I really didn’t leave the orphanage until Roberto asked me to go see his house and stuff. He is the brother of our cook Teresa. He has two boys around 16 that I am friends with and his wife is sweet. I checked out there basically one bedroom house that they are renting this month so that it is not as far for the boys to go to school. They are switching schools so they can actually live in there home. Roberto has a sweet spirit about him and he is very outgoing. We get along very well and it was good just spending time with their family. They invited me to go to there small church and to see there home sometime. I think I will go this weekend. There oldest boy David and I talk a lot… well we try but the language barrier is tough and he talks so fast. Haha but we try.

I got back to the orphanage kind of late and they had to unlock the gate for me. I’m glad some were still up. I watched wrestling with some of the boys and got a kick out of there impression of the moves. Today was a good day and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful new friends.

September 29, 2009- Tuesday- Day 41

Today I woke up and spent the morning with the kids. I helped them with homework, watched cartoons, and then ate lunch with them. Then Israel drove me over to the Hospice Center. I was so exited! These people have become some of my great friends. I went through saying my hellos and then helped one of the guys Alex make some lemonade. We were talking about some different things and he said you know who used to sing to God every morning? Satan… and he is so jealous that you are singing to God everyday with your great voice. I had never thought about it that way. I brought my guitar today and sang until they were ready for lunch.

I walked in to talk to some of the other people and noticed one of my favorite guys Matez was sleeping and didn’t seem like himself. Alex told me that we needed to check his blood sugar. So I was the one who had to poke his finger and check everything… it was super low and his eyes were like Jell-O. Alex got the stuff and we injected this sugar thing into his veins. Matez kept saying i'm finished and he was in a lot of pain… Alex said he was dying and if we hadn’t caught this when we did he wouldn’t have him with us anymore. I was holding a mans hand while he was near death… it hit me hard.

Finally after a little while he started coming back into him old self and stopped talking out of his mind. He did say ‘have that young girl sing to me’… so I started to sing him songs and we starting talking to him. He looked over at me as I said Hola and finally it clicked who I was. His eyes lit up and he started to smile. He said ‘Oh beautiful girl… and kept going on and on about how beautiful I was and how he loved my smile and that I was the girl who sang to them and played guitar and said if he wasn’t such an old man he would kiss me.’ We were all laughing. He is like a great old grandpa. He held my hand for a long time and then we got him to eat.

I left the room promising him I would come back soon with my guitar and thinking how blessed I am to know this man. I then went upstairs and sang to the men who mostly just stay in bed… then went back to Matez he smiled as I came in and he was trying to say my name but couldn’t understand it. All the people at the Hospice call me Tonya cause it’s just easier. It makes me laugh. I sang him and another guy some songs and then just talked with them Matez kept kissing my hand and telling me how wonderful my singing was and how he thought I was beautiful. They are so funny here… they say anything that comes to mind. They truly treasure you for who you are. Its great! After awhile Alex helped me translate some of my songs to Spanish and then I talked with the director Armando about his time in Bible College. It was a great day!

Israel and his family came to pick me up around six and then we headed back to the orphanage. It started to rain and became pretty cold… I ate some supper and hung out with the kids. After saying goodnight and giving them hugs I heard some loud bangs. I thought ok either that is gunshots or fireworks… but I doubt it was fireworks. Sitting my room a lot more went off and I heard some other noise. They sounded so close… I don’t know if I could ever really get used to the sound of a gunshot knowing that it was directed at a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment