Sunday, August 30, 2009

some more days of blessing.

August 27, 2009- Thursday- Day 9

Today was a hot day. It was kind of a normal except when we took the kids to school we took a different road. The road was really bumpy and rocky. When we drive the sliding door is open because it is weird. Anyways when we were on this road something happened and the sliding door slammed shut and a huge cloud of dirt covered the whole van… it came through the windows too. It was ridiculous and we were all coughing and covered in it. We took cold showers and relaxed till the kids got back. The kids always run in with their little uniforms on and sweating like crazy. There uniforms are like sweaters and stuff… it is so hot I don’t know how they do it.

Then I got on the computer to check everything and get caught up. I was able to give City of Angels 600 dollars for backpacks and supplies I was so excited! (they only need like 400 more) But the thing I loved most was just hanging out with Israel and his family. His 3-year-old son is hilarious and did a little dance for us. It was so cute… I just love him except he is so naughty sometimes.

It was a laid back day but hey it happens. We didn’t get to go to the old folks home because of some things that came up but God will work it all out in time.

August 28, 2009- Friday-Day 10

Chelsea and I woke up late today… well we slept in till 8 and then played with the kids until we took them to school. Two of the older kids rode with us to drop the little ones off. We took them to get cokes and our friend Jose told us about his life here and things like that. He talked about how popular drugs and alcohol are here among his friends. We told him it is the same with us. We have the same problems all around.

I tried to take a nap but it was another hot day so I was covered in sweat constantly. Then after awhile the kids came back from school and were super hyper. Tonight was an awesome night of hugs and kisses. The kids were so loving and touchy. Wanting us to be with them the whole time. It was super sweet and blessed me a lot. The kids sang songs before bed tonight. We knew one! I’m in the Lord’s army! It was fun to hear it in Spanish and everything. I went with Israel after to drop off someone and to go to the store. Israel and I talked about just who God was and how we shouldn’t judge. I am learning a lot about his life and how he came to Christ… it is so special. He kept saying the next time you come back after these 3 months you will have to bring friends and family. I want to show everyone how great Mexico is and where God is working!

I got back to the orphanage and talked to some more people. It’s tough on Chelsea to think about leaving in a few days but I know she will get through it. She loves this place so much but one of our new friends said ‘we will call you.’ He wants to call us when we are back in the states and come visit sometime. Haha he is sweet. I hope someday he can see America.

Over all today was a good day except I fell twice today… it was so stupid… I fell once on my way to the van and I slipped on some mud (I was holding a 5 year old in my arms too) then I fell tonight by the sinks in the bathroom because it was wet… and a girl got pop on my computer. I almost cried but God had it work and everything seems to be doing well. My hope is that nothing really got into places that will hurt it. I will pray more about it. I’m pumped for tomorrow hopefully we will buy the kids’ backpacks! I can’t wait to see their faces when they get a new one!

August 29, 2009- Saturday- Day 11

Today it was at a comfortable temperature of 106 degrees as we drove through Tijuana going around 90 mph on the highway with the hot wind blowing in our face and dirt coating every inch of us. It was ridiculous and I guess it was up to 120 degrees the day before! Gross! But hey its whatever. We woke up and then headed out with Israel to buy 35 backpacks and then some tile for the floor in his home. We got back to the orphanage and Sergio was waiting for us. He took us to the Old Folks Home, which is one of my favorite places. The people long so much for someone to love them. It’s really tough to go there and see all their faces.

We then headed to Sergio’s house to see how is wife was doing. She is very sick and needs to be resting a lot. She needs a lot of prayer please pray for her… her name is Rachel. After awhile Sergio took us to what he did in his spare time. He built another orphanage that has like 40 kids in it. It is really small and then need to have more buildings put up. It was so crazy that Sergio said like 20 kids sleep all in the same room on bunk bed and it was a small room.

Israel’s birthday is on Monday so different people brought him a cake tonight and Chelsea took him and his family out for dinner. We went to Carl Jr’s it was pretty good. I loved when were driving back cause his son little Israel was looking out of the sunroof and dancing. He is just too cute. There was a lot of drug business going on that we saw. When we were driving home there were cops everywhere; people being searched and just craziness. The scariest thing was after we said good night to everyone and we were journaling Chelsea and I heard a gun shot not to far from the orphanage. Sometimes I forget where I am and that this place needs so much help. I know that I am safe and in God’s hands but people are stupid sometimes.

Israel talked to me about teaching English to the teenagers and helping them with fund raising. I am excited! Chelsea was up pretty late packing, saying goodbye, and everything so we didn’t get to bed till like 3. But it happens. I wonder what it is going to be like to be alone with no Americans from home with me for the next 2 and half months… pretty interesting is my guess.

2 comments:

  1. Why are you always falling down?

    It sounds like you're doing a lot of cool things in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete