Sunday, August 23, 2009

My 4th day in Mexico.

August 22, 2009- Friday- Day 4

We had a pool party for the kids today! It was a grand time of just relaxing and having fun. I can’t believe that God let me come to Mexico to serve… it has blessed me more than I could ever have imagined. I have been talking to a lot of the kids and getting to know them. They are so funny and full of life. We talked with Sergio today again and he drove Chelsea and I to the pool. He is so silly and excited that we are here. He has lots of plans for me and was telling me about all of the ideas he has to help build his ministries up. We think the economy is bad in America… we have no idea. People are struggling everywhere and in Sergio case he needs supporters. People to commit to help him for every month for a year. He wants me to start up some different things for fundraising and maybe sponsoring a child. I am excited to see that I came at a time to help them. J Sergio also was telling other people around about Chelsea and I. He called us his daughters and said that we should call him Papa. We are now a part of the family. He is so proud of us and loves us so much.

So what I think is so cool is that the kids are wanting to learn English so they can talk to us. They are trying just as hard as I am to learn their language. I was singing and playing guitar for some of the kids tonight and after I but all of my stuff away one of the older boys told me I sing very beautifully then an older gentlemen named Chewy said Oh so beautiful its like an angel is singing, just beautiful. You should make a CD! Then I showed them some of my recordings and pictures of people from home. I love how they want to know you and who you truly are.

I am excited for the next 3 months. These children have won my heart and Sergio told me that I could help out with groups that build homes and stuff. He also asked me to lead worship for times that he preaches. I also wanted to say that even though the news says that Tijuana is so horrible and stuff like that… some may be true but really there is so much more to this place and I believe you should come and see it for yourself!

2 comments:

  1. Tenielle i love you so much! being back in the dorms makes me miss you even more! i hope God really blesses your time in Mexico and uses you in so many more ways than you could ever imagine. i'm really glad you're keeping this journal so i can know what you're up to and that you're ok!
    love you so much!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tenielle - I hope I post this correctly so you know we are following you in thought, prayer and literally following you. God Bless,enjoy! I look forward to reading about your time Mexico. Stay Safe! I love you! Lynn

    ReplyDelete