Saturday, August 22, 2009

My 3rd day in Mexico!

August 21, 2009- Friday- Day 3

Today was quite an interesting day. I have gotten to know the kids even more and I love it. God is really showing me why I am here and what I should be doing. The kids are super silly and are warming up to us really well. Some won’t leave us alone at all. I am finding out about their pasts and just who they are. At the orphanage we have kids of all ages… ranging from two to nineteen or even older. It’s nice to talk to people of all ages. Chelsea was telling me that some of the kids struggle with some Americas coming. I believe it would bother me to… to see group after group come and go. Having to put a smile on your face and play with them all the time. It would get tough after awhile.

A group from Arizona came today to measure the kids’ feet to give them shoes. I thought it was really sweet that they are giving the children shoes and the kids also got measured for school uniforms.

Sergio showed up today and I was SO excited! He said praise God when I told him I was staying for 3 months. He is so special in my heart. I almost cried talking to him because he just brings back to me so many great memories of past years. Him and I are going to plan out when I will be able to go to the Hospice Center, old folks home, and other things. I am pumped to see how things turn out! I have to keep remembering I am here for a long time so if I can’t go to something today there is always tomorrow. J

God has been showing me some interesting things these past three days. To rely on Him completely is the one that is popping out the most. That even though I don’t have a phone, a schedule, Internet all the time, can’t speak much Spanish or other things I still have Jesus to fulfill my every need. These kids are showing me to see joy in the simple things. It’s sweet to see God work.

1 comment:

  1. hey T!!
    It is soo good to hear that you aeem to be adjusting well! I am uber excited to read all about what the Lord is doing during your time there!! Maybe when you come back you can help me with MY spanish?! Love you girl. I'm praying for ya!!

    amykay
    <><

    ReplyDelete