Wednesday, August 26, 2009

man this week has went fast...

August 25, 2009- Tuesday- Day 7

Today was a day filled with surprise the Lord blessed me a lot and can’t believe that I am able to help like I can. More support came in which means backpacks for the kids! I cried realizing that this can work! We helped with taking the kids to school again and just hung out with them. It was really not a busy day at all. But the thing I loved the most was that I was able to talk to some of the helpers at the orphanage about their lives before this. A lot of them grew up in orphanages and like helping these kids. It is really great to see how the kids love them.

It was really hot today and when Chelsea and I tried to take a nap we were miserable because our room was so hot. I went with a lady that helps out here named Lupetia to pick up her oldest child from school. We walked only a couple of blocks but there was so much trash its gross. You can’t step hardly anywhere without stepping on a rock or trash. I guess we have been having some issues with someone breaking in and stealing tools. This place should be a safe place for the kids. So some of the guys stay up and keep watch all night to make sure everything is ok. Please be praying just that this wouldn’t be a problem and that the guys would actually be able to sleep.

Even though today was kind of a slow day it was good to just hang with the kids and learn more about people. I am really praying about support for Sergio and the kids… they really need people to give. We will see what happens. But like Sergio always says our God is good!

1 comment:

  1. hey...i want an update on Jesús. get on that (please)

    love you girl!

    <><

    ReplyDelete