Friday, May 28, 2010

Life in Mexico

Life has been interesting but not extremely busy which is nice. I have been here a month already. I can't believe it! Time goes so fast. We are raising support right now for finishing the new girls dorm at the orphanage, building up a monthly support system for Sergio, and trying to help the orphanage out too. I am able to go and speak at a church in Ohio the second week of June. Im excited to see what God will do.

Lately I have been working at the orphanage a lot. Helping with laundry, cooking, or whatever they want. I love on the kids so much. They are my babies. The other night one threw up all over me... it wasn't very pleasent but it is life. I have become even closer to two of the lady workers here. So amazing. Both single moms and they have the most grand smiles. I have also been working with Israel (the director) to find families who need homes and other things.

I have been struggling a lot with my heart and old wounds that seem to come up a lot. God is slowing healing them and I have realized that I need to know what they are and get over them. The affect everything I do and who I am. I am so glad that God still loves me even though I am so broken sometimes. I keep thinking... how can You use me? But He does.

Sergio keeps saying that I have become their official fund-raiser for Baja Vision and I like the sound of it. I don't know exactly when God wants me to become a full time member but I have a feeling that I will be one day. I went to San Diego the other day to work in the office with Aaron (the main office guy for the mission) we had a lot of fun. He is hilarious. We are starting to work on sending out letters for Sergios support, a new newsletter for the mission, and raising this money for the girls dorm.

It is going to be the 10th anniversary of City of Angels (my orphanage) this next month. It is pretty exciting to see what Gad has done! I love hearing all the stories from Sergio. :)

Please keep me in your prayers with just everyday life stuff and letting God use me. Also pray for my people here and this city. Drug-trafficking and violence are still so apparent but we are fighting along side to save people for Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment