Saturday, June 12, 2010

My life right now

Right now I am in Colombus, Ohio for the weekend. I am talking at a church here on behave of Baja Vision Ministries to raise money for my orphanage and Sergio. I feel that this time has been relaxing and kind of a free time to go through different thoughts of my life. Mexico has been super busy! Last week I spent almost every single day building a house with a group from Nebraska. It was kind of tough for me because I hardly saw any of my kids. I would leave in the morning before they wake up and get back when they were in bed. It was super crazy and time just flew by.

Right now my friend Atheana is staying at the orphanage for two weeks. She came two days before I left to come to Ohio. I know the Lord will touch her heart in this time. There is another guy who is staying at the orphanage who just graduating from high school and is from northern California. I enjoy having other Americans around and it seems different though sometimes. I have gotten used to having to deal with my broken spanish to talking to everyone in it so to be able to speak complete english to someone is nice.

My spanish has been growing a lot. I feel like I am understanding a lot more recently. I really have to listen and think. I wish i could speak it better though. One day I know that I will. I have been thinking a lot about moving full time to Mexico. I truly feel at home when im staying at the orphanage and working with everyone. Sergio blows me away and brings tears to my eyes with his amazing stories and faith. But i have also been thinking a lot about Africa and talking to someone about going there for like 6 months. I guess I will just wait and see where the Lord leads me.

Please be praying for Sergio and all of us. We need to be lifted up. Right now we are struggling with money in the ministry but God is faithful. We are trying really hard to raise some support and I hope everything works. I am just trying to give it all to God since I have no control. haha

thanks again for all your support and prayers so far! I cant believe i have been living in Tijuana for around a month and 1/2 so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment