Monday, May 3, 2010

Summer 2010 :)

Hey everyone!

I rolled into Mexico on the 29th of April and life became super busy. The Lord has been constantly working on my heart. My mom came down for the first 5 days and loved it so much. She was realizing my heart even more.

We walked in and only a few of the kids were here because most were in school. It was a sweet time. I went to the preschool to pick up the two youngest boys and they showed off on the play ground for awhile. Then Pepino a six year old gorgeous little boy had me carry him back to the orphanage. He hugged and kissed on me the whole way back. It blessed my heart so much. The rest of the kids got home from school and were excited that I was back to live for the whole summer. Also they couldn't believe that my mom would come and meet them. they loved it! That night we went to a church up these stairs across the street from the orphanage. It is usually a long service and they had me sing and play guitar for awhile. When i was done singing the kids cuddled with me on the chairs and then got up to tell us what they wanted to thank God for. They said... my life.. my mom.. my dad.. Tenielle and her mom. I about cried as i heard that. Kid after kid said it and smiled big at us.

Through out the last 5 days lots has happened. On Friday Sergio came and took us around. Before we left a boy named Geovanny who is around 11 years old asked me if i was going to be here through out May. I said yes and he asked 'would you come to my school on mothers day to be my mom?' tears welled up in my eyes and i couldn't believe it. My heart was filled with compassion and he dug his head into my stomach after I said yes then kissed me on the cheek.

The kids have been super loving and constantly giving me hugs and kisses. I love this place so much and it feels so much like home. I went to the hospice yesterday and visited everyone. There was some new people and a lot had passed away. Which is always tough.

I also have gotten to see my friend Chuy or Jesus. He is doing better and we took him out to eat. He got super tired after spending the afternoon with us but he hugged me for a long time. We surprised him with our visit. He thought only Sergio was coming over then all of sudden my mom and I got out of the pickup. haha. He was smiling so bigged and hugged me with such passion. I hope and pray he will have his transplant soon. He needs it so bad.

Today we took my mom to the airport and then I spent the day with Aaron at the office in San Diego. It was a good day of learning more about the business side of the mission and just getting to know Aaron more. Good day. :)

I will be keeping up as much as i can with this. I am so excited that the Lord has brought me back to Tijuana to serve. I know He has big plans in store.

keep the SON in your eyes,
Tenielle

1 comment:

  1. That is awesomee,God is great! Thanks for having such a huge part in these kids lives!! We will hopefully be down in La Gloria the first weekend in June.

    ReplyDelete