Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Interesting day...

Life has been kind of crazy lately but I can feel the Lord. This last weekend i was able to go work with some girls from a womens shelter and just have a fun weekend with them. I was the worship leader and i just hung out. We went to a really good church that spoke english and spanish. it was nice to understand a complete sermon haha. We also went to a youth conference/concert thing.. i didn't understand much. haha

The kids have been starting to get sick. Some more than others. I feel so bad seeing them so bad. the others are keeping busy. Yesterday I was able to go see some boys that used to live at the orphanage. I miss them a lot. They are at a place for troubled teens. We plan to build an extra building for that ministry at the beginning of June.

Today was my interesting day.. I woke up early to be able to leave with Sergio to go to Ensenada (a town about an hour south of Tijuana). He picked me up and i was not feeling all that well so i didn't eat much breakfast. Well we got to Ensenada and drove to the hospital to see Sergio's son-in-law who is really sick. I got to his room and Raymond (his son-in-law) told me that he is good but a little tired. he said "when i was at my worst I saw Jesus and I saw my name in the book of life but He told me you have to go back its not time yet. And i am happy to be here or to die because either way I am with Jesus." I almost started to cry to hear him talk about his amazing faith and trust in the Lord.

Well the nurse came in to take some blood from him and we were standing over to the side talking to the two other patients in the room. One we might take to the hospice because he has no one and needs to be leaving the hospital soon but can't take care of himself. he is so young. Anyways i was standing next to Sergios daughter, Suzy and i started to feel really warm and light headed. I put my hand on Suzy and the next thing i knew i was on the floor and everyone was talking to me in spanish in my face. I just said i don't know. Finally Suzy was translating and they got me up to sit me in a chair. I have never fainted before really... i think its because i hadn't eaten much and this sickness going around. They thought i couldn't handle the hospital and i was like i work in a hospice and have seen far worse haha.

It was so interesting and everyone was so worried about me. I felt so scared that i couldn't remember stuff.. i almost started to cry. Suzy got me something to eat and Sergio prayed over me. He told me "I was so scared all I could do was pray cause I didn't know what was happening. You were so pale and your eyes were wide open but you were not there." I hugged and thanked Suzy for catching me and helping me. She said "when i hug you i feel like I am hugging my daughter. You are so precious to us and never stop using the gifts that God has given you." I almost cried.

Sergio and I were talking as we were driving and he said, "i thank God for you that He gave us you to help us with this mission and you are so amazing." i almost cried because they are all so amazing and special. Then we almost got in two wrecks on our way home. Such a tough day, all i wanted to do was go to sleep. haha.

I got back and found out that some of the kids were worse so i went in to talk with them and see what they needed. I love these people so much. The Lord has opened a door and a group asked me to come to their home church in Columbus, Ohio to talk about Tijuana and sing. They are paying for me come and they will raise money for the mission! I am so excited.

I think that is it for now. I feel so blessed to be here. the kids have my heart and amaze me everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your updates! I am so proud of you and love you and please let everyone know--the kids that are sick and Raymond, Suzy and Sergio. that I love them and am praying for you all
    Mom

    ReplyDelete