Saturday, September 3, 2011

Surprise Tijuana!

On this last Monday I left at 4:45am Nebraska time to head out on a shuttle to the Denver Airport. 12 hours later I was finally in Tijuana! I wanted to surprise almost everyone that I could in Mexico, so Aaron (our office guy) picked me up at the airport and called Sergio to say, hey im going to stop by cause I have something for you. As we pulled up to his house I was very anxious and excited. He was very surprised but said, i had a feeling you couldn't stay away for very long :) I spent sometime with him and then he took me to the orphanage. I was REALLY excited to get there. It was like I was counting down the blocks until we pulled into the parking area. I snuck in and saw that all the kids were in the dining room eating. One of them saw me and starting screaming my name. They were just about to pray for their meal and a few ran up to me to hug me. I told them all to sit down and we prayed. As they were praying, Ana, a 10 year old girl grabbed on to me and held on tight. They all couldn't believe that I was there. They kept saying... TENIELLE!!! HOW?!?! I went around to every kid at each of the tables and hugged and kissed them all. It was a sweet time. Then I hugged all the workers. It was such a great time. One boy said, i just can't believe you are here... I really didn't think I was going to see you for a long time. :)

It was an exciting rest of the day getting jumped on and lots of hugs. They had to show me everything new and tell me ALL about their lives. It was amazing. The next day I spent with the kids and helped them just with their everyday lives. My favorite parts of the days.. are waking up and seeing all their faces, them coming home from school and sharing about what they learned, and saying goodnight. All the hugs! :)

The Josues (4) starting preschool 
One of the days I was helping cook and in the kitchen there is the main telephone. One of the 4 year olds, Armando, came up and said, Tenielle we talked on that phone! I remember and I liked it :) I was so surprised how much they remember. All the kids were asking me about Africa and when I was going and exactly what it is like. I told them what i know and that I would show them everything when i get back and bring them gifts. I loved spending time with the older girls as well. It seems that I get to become even closer with every time I come. 

I talked to my sweet Jeovany who is going to be 13 this coming week. I said I was sorry I wasn't going to be in the orphanage for his birthday. He said, he wishes I was here but he understands. I told him how he is a son for me and how proud I truly am of who he is! He is incredible special to me. We have 7 new kids at the orphanage. And they are super cute and I got to know them a little bit in the days I was there. I think they felt they knew me right away b/c all the rest of the kids were freaking out. haha.

Christian (10) and I
The time went so fast and it seemed like I just got there and then my last day came. I was able to have a meeting with the staff of Baja Vision Ministries, which is Sergio (main founder), Israel (director of the orphanage), and Aaron (office administrator). They invited me to come on staff with them as a mission trip coordinator and lots of other stuff. They said it would be completely different than what I was doing before and I would be living at Sergio's house and have my own room. But I can visit the orphanage as much as I want. It would be a full time position and that I need to commit for at least a year. It is an amazing opportunity and I feel so honored. They told me to take a couple of weeks to think and pray about everything. If I do take the job they would want me in January to move down full time. I would have to raise my own support which I am not to worried about b/c if its of God, He will provide. :) I will also have to buy a new car that is higher off the ground, like a jeep or something- so please pray about that for me!

After the meeting I headed to see my friend Jesus, he had just gotten out of the hospital. When I walked into his house he was sitting in a chair and waiting for me. I went up and kissed him on the cheek. I sat down and we talked about some stuff. I brought him a framed picture of him and I. He said he liked it a lot and it was wrapped in bubble wrap so he had fun popping that haha. The doctors told him that a transplant will never be possible cause his body is so bad. He wouldn't make it through the surgery and lots of other things. He said he was angry at God. I didn't know really what to say except that I love him and that I am here for whatever he needs. We talked for awhile longer and then he was getting tired so I decided to go. He told me how much he loved me and he hugged me. He hugged me so tight like he was never going to see me on this earth again. He said, I will see you in january if I am still alive. I left crying and feeling helpless. I am crying selfishly b/c I want to keep him but honestly I just don't want him to suffer anymore.

Daniel (10) and the dogs.
Thank you all for all your prayers and support. The Lord completely raised my support for Africa! I am so excited :) I leave friday but will get there saturday. I know that this time will be a growing time in Him and a time to really realize exactly what He wants. I am so thankful that I was able to go to Tijuana this last week even if it was just for a couple of days. What a blessing it was to hug them all. They are all growing so fast! My prayer is that God is glorified completely through my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment