Friday, September 9, 2011

Following a dream while completely in His hands.

I am sitting in Omaha, Nebraska's airport thinking wow.. is this really happening? Could my dream of Africa really becoming true? It is surreal but also I am in complete awe of our great Father who had a plan all along. For around 6 years I have talked and prayed about going to Africa. I have watched movies, read books and articles, prayed for the people, looked at pictures, and longed to see/be in this place. I have even applied through different missions/organizations and it just never worked out. I don't really have expectations but I am just along for the ride. I know the Lord has chosen me. And everyday I praise Him for that.

People keep asking- what all will I be doing, aren't you scared, and what do you think its going to be like? My mind seriously has not wrapped around the fact that by this time tomorrow I will be on a totally different continent, in a culture I have never seen, with people I have never met.. and the only one who is literally with me in this travel is the Lord. I don't have fear but complete peace. I don't know exactly what I will be doing... but do really any of us? I mean I have a little bit of an idea.. But I am just excited that the chance has finally came up in my life. I want to take in every minute of it. I don't want to worry about political uprising or the "dangers" that everyone keeps reminding me of... our God is way bigger than any problem that is going on in this world. AND I am completely in His hands.


“Here is my servant whom I have chosen, 
the one I love, in whom I delight; 

I will put my Spirit on him,    
and he will proclaim justice to the nations.
                               -Matthew 12:18


No comments:

Post a Comment