Thursday, October 7, 2010

First week back-- feeling the most blessed i have ever been!

What can i say? But that I am blown away by the love of the people here in Mexico. I have never had a better welcome or so many hugs in one day. :) This last Tuesday's was honestly one of the best days of my life!

I started out this week on Monday-- my mom took me to Fort Morgan and some friends let me stay with them that night and took me to the airport the next morning. I was super stressed in a lot of ways but also it didn't feel real. I had a great time with my friends and they blessed me very much. I got on my knees that night and prayed deeply to Christ to reveal His will for this trip to me.. to have me focus tremendously on the kids and to just grow in God. I was woken up
before my alarm and started to get ready.. i flew out of Denver that morning around 9:30 and got to San Diego around 11:00 (their time). Aaron (our office guy) picked me up and we had a change of plans. He needed to drop me off at the border and have me walk over.. i was like ok.. i have never done that before BUT im willing to go for it! AND Sergio was picking me up on the other side!!! I was so excited. So i got across the border and saw Sergios car. I ran over and hugged him so tight! I got my mexican father again!!! It was wonderful. He then dropped me off at the orphanage where I the kids were at school but the little ones were still there and the workers. I was SO excited. I bet i was beaming!

I hugged everyone and talked for a long time. Then later the kids got home from school. They screamed so loud my name and all ran to me to hug me. I couldn't believe how much they had grown in just 2 months. Oh how i adore them all! And the new kids are amazing too! We have 9
new ones! :) That night Aaron came by with all of my bags and things were different... he said the border stopped him and looked though ALL of my stuff. they broke my zipper on my big suit case.. and everything was mixed around. and broke a few little things.. THANKs! haha but its all good.. it happens.

I think this was the most excited they had been to see me in coming back :) i can't wait to see what the next 6 months hold. Yesterday I was able to visit the hospice for a little bit. Not everyone was there cause some were able to go to something.. and also we had lost some. Then i got to see my wonderful friend Jesus (Chuy).. he is so sick . I was bawling. he has kidney failure and has been in the hospital with a stomach infection for over 20 days. Yesterday he had just gotten home and i have never seen him in such pain... i told him how much i loved him and i had to go. My heart cried out in pain for him. It was tough. I spent a lot of time with Sergio yesterday and Zack a kid who is living here too from California. It was a good day. Last night we sang songs with the kids and had a little service just like everynight.. then we prayed over the kids and it was special. I kissed and hugged them all good night.

What a blessing this place is... i feel so undeserving. i love these people more than i can ever describe. Thank you Jesus for choosing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment