Friday, November 1, 2013

Pieces of my heart.

I haven't written in almost a whole year. That is pretty ridiculous. I write normal newsletters every month but since my internet was so bad for so long in Africa, I just gave up on this! So, I wanted to catch everyone up on what the Lord has been doing in Burkina Faso, Tijuana, and in my life.

I went back to Burkina Faso, West Africa and stayed for 8 months working in the orphanage Sheltering Wings. It was truly a great time of growing and learning. Some of my favorite moments were hugging on babies, building relationships with the older children, and going on evangelisms with Pastors into villages. I was so honored to work along side the beautiful people of Burkina and I know that my heart will always have a piece of Africa in it. A part of me is always there! I pray so much for the people I was able to enjoy and I hope so much for the Lord to continue the work in Burkina and have it grow tremendously. 

Me with the 14 Burkina Pastors that I had the honor of working with.
In my time, I enjoyed all of it a lot, not the heat, but all the rest was good :) But my heart was hurting for the people of Tijuana because they were struggling so much finanically. I didn't know what to do, I tried as best as I could from a far to keep helping but it wasn't enough. I prayed a lot to see if God wanted me to go back to help. And in time, He told me yes, go back to City of Angels in Tijuana and help as much as possible until I tell you to move.

So, in July of this year I left Burkina, in tears, knowing that I would see the people again but I would miss them so much. And headed home for a little bit to get all my life figured out, to move back to Mexico. At the end of September, I got in my car with my mom and we drove down from Nebraska to the orphanage. Seeing the kids again, is honestly one of my favorite moments in all of my life. Their joy, smiles, screams, hugs, and kisses uplift my heart and I KNOW that its God working! I was so happy to be back in a place that has been "home" to my heart since 2009.

Walking back into the mission, there has been some problems that I see, that I know the Lord has brought me here to help on. The most being their financial situation. I started updating all the brochures, info, and making sure people knew our need. In time, God is always faithful, and is bringing in everything little by little. Our children have never gone hungry, and it is all the Lord working! I am extremely happy and blessed to be a part of the mission here in Tijuana and also, to help in Africa as well. I don't know how long the Lord will have me here, but I am just listening to His voice until He guides me to the next step.

Our Lord is faithful, He always has been and always will be. Through good and hard times, I trust Him completely. I know without a doubt that I am in the center of God's will for my life! My favorite verse is "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 ... it reminds me constantly that when I strive after my Savior, I desire Him more, and HE puts His desires in my heart to complete! I don't believe that the desire to serve orphans is something of this world but a longing that only comes from our Lord. And I am honored to be His hands, feet, voice, and everything to love on His people and share the great news of our Savior, Jesus.


2 comments:

  1. Great blog, Tenielle!!!! Keep the Son in your eyes and listen intently to His voice!! love you so much and I am so proud of you!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! The kids in Africa look like fun. I bet you miss them. :-) You rock. April

    ReplyDelete