Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Do I bring You glory?

"With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of HIS calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ." - 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12

Lately I have been thinking a lot about if I am glorifying the LORD in my everyday walk with him. If our great Savior is pleased by my thoughts, actions, and words. I fight with my flesh a lot in different things but I try so hard to just love the people around with all that I am. I know that I need to be in prayer and in the Word more. An everyday battle as well. I seem to always find myself to "busy" with everything else that I don't just stop and look to our awesome Lord for a moment in gratitude and adoration. 

I am someone who worries about things, lately, finances have been tough for my own personal support. For the first time really in all of my years of missions, I am really low. I know the Lord will provide and I trust in Him, but there are still moments when I find myself thinking, how can I do this?!?! When the orphanage was done to basically nothing in our bank account, I thought LORD PLEASE HELP YOUR CHILDREN! I was crying and begging for the Lord to cover all of our needs. We began fighting and fighting for people to know the need. From the moment I stepped back into Tijuana at the end of September I started to fight day and night. Then in mid-October I was robbed, everything was taken... laptop, phone, passport, money, debit cards, etc... everything to be able to do my job... was gone in 5 minutes. Everyone kept saying to me, Tenielle just praise the Lord that you were not hurt! I just kept thinking about all that I had lost and it slowed me down so much. But in that slowness I had to start trusting the Lord so much more, I had to look to him with the fears I had and the worries of making it to the next day. 

I know that through each storm there is a rainbow, a promise at the end... a learning and growing time. I believe with all of my heart that my God is faithful and that through any trouble-- financial, health, relationships, etc.. that HE can cover each moment. 

As I sat in tears in front of the Lord, asking myself if I bring Him glory. If I please Him at all in my life. If I am truly living as an example... as the hands and feet of our Savior... I found that it isn't with my strength that I can bring Him glory... but just to seek Him so He can work through me.. and glory WILL be shown! 

"Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun." -Psalm 37:5-6

2 comments:

  1. It is hard to see, when you are looking at yourself, so take it from someone who sees you as your truly are--you are a gift from God and it is God you are serving and glorifying. Keep looking toward Him, and know for certain, that He is in control and that He loves His children (including you!!) more deeply than we can or will ever understand or comprehend.
    I love you so much and I am so proud of you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tenielle...You are an amazing young woman and I am quite sure that you are a gift from God. Will keep you in our prayers. God Speed and God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete