Sunday, July 31, 2011

My heart aches for the world.

This weekend was such a blessing to have International Students who go to University of Nebraska Lincoln come out to the church and two girls stayed in our homes. I loved it all so much. My heart was so blessed and it made me have so much of a heart for Asia. :) Two kids accepted Christ!

Lately human-trafficking has been on my heart and I want so badly to go and save girls out of brothels. I want them to know that they have worth and they are loved. I want to them to know the love of Christ and have a relationship with Him.

My heart cries out to do more! I know that I am serving in Tijuana and that I am headed to Africa but what MORE can I do!?!?! I am crying out to God. He is just breaking my heart constantly. This morning at church a group of teens and some adults went to Haiti and did VBS through the same mission I will be going to Africa with. Tears streamed down my face as I looked at those beautiful children in Haiti and how I long to hold the kids in Africa.


I have a feeling one day the Lord will send me to Haiti and all over. I want so badly to be helping kids and women in human trafficking. ONE DAY! Patience is important! But we need to wake up to the world around us. We need to realize that the world is bigger than just our house, our family, our town, our state, and our country. People are starving, suffering, enslaved, rapped constantly, and longing to hear the word of God. AND they need US to love them.

I heard my Pastor say this morning that Americans gave like $145 million dollars to missions last year BUT spent $304 million dollars in chewing gum. Where is your heart? What do you care about? When will we wake up and step out of our comfort to be who God has called us to be. :)

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to feel overwhelemed by wanting to do it all, but what a wonderful curse that is! You have such a loving heart Tenielle, looking out into the world with a courage I truly admire. You live for Christ literally with all of life, and look, you will never be stopped! What a beautiful life.

    ReplyDelete