Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hugs, Gum, Peanut Butter, and Lots of Love

‎"If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all."
-Isaiah 7:9


The Lord is great and constantly amazing me with His great power. I was so blessed by my last couple weeks at City of Angels. Some of my favorite moments were the kids sharing that they would pray for me on my trip to Africa. It was so humbling to have them hug me goodbye and to hear them say I love you. The morning I left I went into their rooms and hugged each of them goodbye at like 6am. The best moment was hugging my beautiful Jeovany... he woke up and raised his arms up. He squeezed me really tight then fell back asleep haha. I was stuck for a little bit. :)

I thank the Lord everyday for bringing the people of Tijuana into my life. I know that
they are my family and I can't wait to hug them again in January- God willing. My next moment is off to Africa, I hope! I still need to raise more funds but I am a strong believer that if the Lord wants me there I will be. I have dreamed for years for the moment of being in Africa. Holding the children... living with the people... being in their culture.. I long for it. I love the people even before meeting them.

I was convicted lately that I need to become nonmaterialistic and really go through my things to give away or sell so the money can go towards my missions. I also had some time reading and I am constantly reminded that God CHOSE us. He chose me to be in Tijuana... He has a
purpose and even though I don't deserve it.. He uses me.

Thank you for all of your prayers and support. The Lord is definitely working in Tijuana and I constantly pray for the lives of those children. I would do anything for them to truly know the love of God and to have a real personal relationship with Him.

Another cute story- One day i was sitting on the couch in the orphanage when 7 year old Arnold comes up to me and yells, Tenielle! I have been hit! I looked at him in shock...
then he screamed, WITH GUM! I began to laugh... I was like okay how did that happen? he said, i don't know maybe someone put it there, or when I was rolling on the ground, or it was on the wall.. haha I couldn't stop laughing. I said, well lets get some peanut butter.. he said, Im not hungry. haha I said no its for your hair. I tried but then we just got peanut butter all over so then someone cut it out. It was dramatic and hilarious.

I miss those moments and the hugs so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment