Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tijuana 2012

I have be back in Tijuana, Mexico almost a whole month and I can't believe how the time flies. It has been an interesting and stressful month but I can see the Lord working. I have become the Director of Communication/Assistant Administrator/Mission trip Coordinator of Baja Vision Ministries and City of Angels Orphanage. It is a quite a long name for a job but it holds so much more than that! HAHA

I came down with a friend, Emily, in the middle of january- we drove 26 hours in my car- My car is holding up well here and I am so glad I have it. I asked God to give me peace while driving here and in San Diego and he has tremendously... BUT I do live with my GPS next to me at all times while driving in the US. I don't know what I would do without it.

The Orphanage has changed a lot but is still such a vibrant place that still has my heart. The other night I was sitting in the patio area while all the kids were inside watching a movie. It was dark and cold but I just wanted a little time alone. I began praying out loud for courage, strength, passion, more love, knowledge, and guidance for my life here. I know that this job is a huge responsibility and I have a lot of people relying on me. I have messed up some already in just small things but it keeps humbling me everyday haha. But I try to take every step careful with the hand of God holding mine.

We are starting up a sponsorship for the orphanage-- for each child AND some University kids that really need help. It is going to be a full time job by itself but the benefits that it will bring in will be huge! I am excited that it will make a difference in the lives of these people. I am trying really hard to help them be more organized here and to be in contact more with the supporters that we do have along with adding new ones! Sergio (the main missionary I work with) keeps saying the quote- "out of sight, out of mind" and it is tremendously true. If people don't know that there is a need how can we expect the help?

I promised the mission that I would be here until the end of year. I have no idea if I will be here longer... live in Africa for a little longer... come back I don't know but I am trusting our awesome Savior to lead me. I have to remember to enjoy where I am and take it all in. Each hug, kiss, smile, laugh and "I love you"-- I am here for the Lord. I was reminded recently of why I do missions as my full time job... It brings me the most joy I have ever experienced and I can't imagine doing anything else.

I was able to sing and speak for the youth at a church here in Tijuana called "the Arena" it is a church of like 17,000 people. We go there every Sunday. They asked me to sing 3 songs and share about my time in Africa. It was a great experience and I am going to be joining the youth worship team. It is definitely stretching my Spanish and sometimes my comfort zone. I love the friendships that I am building through it though. I know that is the main reason I am involved.

I truly believe one big reason I am here right now is to encourage the people of Tijuana. To come along side the main people of this mission and stand next to them with words of encouragement and really helping them. Also, with the youth here. I have been building some friendships with kids my own age to just talk to them... be here for them.. and to remind them of who they are in Christ. I have been extremely blessed by my times with them.

I am also leading worship every Thursday at the orphanage for our Jr. High age kids-- they are inviting kids from school to come and hear the word of God and worship. It is such a sweet time and their faith is growing more and more. I love singing in Spanish with them.

We have lots of new kids at City of Angels and they are all precious. I hope to keep everyone updated more on here at what is going on in the orphanage, the mission, and my heart. Thanks for your amazing support and prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! I loved my time with you and all the precious children and people of Tijuana! I am so blessed!!!
    love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to our time we will be spending with you next week. God bless you for all you do. You are an ambassador for Gods work.
    Kenny!

    ReplyDelete