Thursday, April 28, 2011

This is not our home...

When friends betray us


When darkness seems to win

We know the pain reminds this heart


That this is not, this is not our home,
 It's not our home



Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops


What if Your healing comes through tears


And what if a thousand sleepless nights 
Are what it takes to know You’re near


What if my greatest disappointments


Or the aching of this life


Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy


And what if trials of this life


The rain, the storms, the hardest nights 
Are Your mercies in disguise

I have been thinking a lot lately about how I see myself and what I truly am in the Lord. I don’t know what the Lord completely wants from me but I am trying to hear His voice through all of the stuff going on in my life. I love the song “Blessings” by Laura Story… my favorite part is “This is not our home.” I really love thinking about when I finally get to see my Savior face to face.

Life has been kind of crazy lately and I am back at home visiting family. I went home in March for a little bit then back to Tijuana for my birthday and some other wonderful things. The Lord really blessed the time but I still have this pain in my heart from hurt friendships. I keep thinking… maybe if I could just stop caring about what people think of me or even what I think of myself when I look in the mirror than life would get better. In it all it is going to take trusting in the Lord to get over those things. But God blessed the time with a great miracle of a new 15-passenger van for the orphanage!

When I was home in March the Lord raised over $4,300 in 2 weeks to bless City of Angels. So I went back at the beginning of April so pumped to buy a van! We found a van in a newspaper ad of all places for $2,650 but it didn’t have seats. BUT the next day someone was selling the exact seats that we needed for only $150. God’s hand was guiding every moment of that whole thing. I remember telling the director Israel, “I believe God wants this van for the orphanage WAY more than we could ever imagine.” It is a beautiful van and such a blessing. And we were able to fix two other cars in the orphanage :)

My birthday was a surprise of love and hugs. The little girls woke me up at 5:50am to sing me a special Mexican birthday song. It was super cute and then they all jumped on me to hug me. The whole day was great and in the evening the kids had a party for me where they put my cake in my face. I truly love the people in Tijuana.

I want to thank you all for all your prayers. I am headed back to Tijuana may 25th-June 30th. Then I head off to Burkina Faso, Africa in September for 3 months. I am working through Christian World Outreach and in an orphanage called Sheltering Wings. I will be able to work in a school and clinic too! I am excited to see what the Lord has in store. Please pray for all the preparations and everything.

Also, thank you so much for your prayers for my friend Chuy (Jesus). He is at home now but the doctors did tell him that he will not be able to receive a transplant because his body is just so sick and weak. Please keep pray for him. I love him with all my heart and God can do a miracle but I have to not be selfish and let him go if the Lord wants him. He is suffering a lot but is better than he was earlier in the month.

Thanks again and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment